One of the most helpful daily oral hygiene habits you should commit to routine is the use of dental floss. Dental floss can reach areas between teeth that brushing often cannot. To ensure your mouth is at its peak oral health and safety, brush at least twice a day and floss at least once per day as well. Here are some basic flossing guidelines:
– Use dental floss with the ADA Seal of Acceptance, or floss that has been approved by your dentist.
– Always use floss that is shred resistant, or will not tear during use.
– Never use the same strand more than once, and never use the same part of a strand between more than one tooth.
– Hold the floss delicately so that you can easily move up and down the strand for use between each tooth. Ideally, a strand should be about 18 inches long.
– A typical flossing session should last at least two minutes, with delicate care given to each and every tooth, including flossing behind your back row.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to improve your oral health care. If you would like to book an oral exam with Dr. Letitia M. Williams at our dentist office in Union Springs, Alabama, you can call us at 334.738.3111. Our team at Letitia M. Williams, DDS, LLC looks forward to helping you achieve a brighter and whiter smile today!