Did you know halitosis is common in most people? Well, it’s true! Halitosis, also known as bad breath, is extremely common and treatable, which can help you in your life when it happens. To help you handle halitosis, our team of professionals at Letitia M. Williams, DDS, LLC in Union Springs, Alabama, is happy to talk to you about halitosis and how to overcome it, so you don’t have to be embarrassed by your bad breath anymore.
The first question for many when it comes to consistently bad breath is how do you treat it? There are various ways to treat bad breath, which include:
– Visit your dentist consistently. By keeping your six-month appointment with your dentist, Dr. Letitia M. Williams, you could be reducing plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
– Keep your saliva moving. If you chew sugarless gum or foods like apples that need a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Use mouthwash each day. Mouthwash can kill the bacteria in your smile that is causing the bad breath.
– Quit smoking right away. If you rid yourself from this dangerous habit, not only will you have better oral health, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Brush and floss your teeth each day. Having a healthy oral health routine is the key to having positive oral health.
– Clean your tongue daily. Your tongue can hold bacteria that creates your bad breath.
There are several different treatments to bad breath. Being able to restore your smile is important for your personal life and professional life. If you feel it’s time for a dental checkup, or still have questions about your halitosis, please call us today at 334.738.3111 to set up an appointment. Our professional staff is happy to help you in any way we can.